Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Writings on Fibro

I do a lot of writing on a regular basis.  I've been going back through all of my notebooks and sketchbooks trying to find some themes and common threads, some imagery that can translate to visual work.  This is all "journal"-type stuff, but there's a segment every now and then that just perfectly encapsulates some aspect of life with fibromyalgia.  I'm not exactly sure what to do with these assorted writings yet, but I'm going to start putting them out there in some way.  Here's the first.  Segment of a journal entry from January 2015:

I just get up over and over,
tracing these ghost patterns throughout the apartment.
Bed, bathroom, kitchen, bed.
It feels like the bed is boiling.
Not hot...
just like the sheets are acid or something.
Haunted, keep tracing this path.
Pain medication doesn't even help anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment